Taverna Workbench is a redesign of the Taverna Workbench 1.7.x series from the ground up. It has a greater emphasis on scalability to enable the manipulation of larger and more diverse data.
In addition to the improvements to the engine, Taverna Workbench provides more support for workflow design with a graphical workflow editor for direct manipulation of the workflow diagram, context-specific views over Web services and other resources, and standard editing facilities such as copy/paste and undo/redo.
For a list of our plans on adding new features to Taverna, please see the Taverna Roadmap.
A list of available documentation for Taverna includes:
- Glossary of terms
- Quick start guide
- API Javadoc for developers
- FAQ (Non-Apache Wiki)
- User Manual (Non-Apache Wiki)
- Components (Since Taverna 2.5)
- Interaction Service (Since Taverna 2.5)
- Example workflows to help you get started with Taverna
- Service sets for various domains
- 10 Best practices for workflow design (slides)
- Paper: Best practices for workflow design: how to prevent workflow decay
- Provenance management in Taverna
- Taverna Command Line Tool and how to use it
- Taverna Server (REST API, SOAP API explained) and how to use it
- Taverna Player
- Various plugins for Taverna
- Non-Apache Developers' wiki containing the Developers' guide and more
Tool and Services¶
There are a number of non-Apache tools and services available to use with Taverna.