Taverna is used by various projects and researchers for the analysis of proteins and proteomics:
- Anthrax analysis - identification of proteins secreted by bacteria>
- eFamily - integrating data from different databases
- European Model for Bioinformatics Research And Community Education (EMBRACE) - calling services on a grid; recovering a database
- iSpider - querying multiple data sources
- ProDom -running of Taverna workflows behind a portal to search a protein database
ProDom is a comprehensive database of protein domain families generated from the global comparison of all available protein sequences. It was developed at the Rhône-Alpes Bioinformatics Center (PRABI).
ProDom is described in the paper *The ProDom database of protein domain families: more emphasis on 3D * by Bru et al.
A Web-based front-end is available to perform searches and comparisons on the content of the database.
Some of the queries used by the front-end make use of Taverna workflows.